When you return your lease vehicle, its overall condition will be evaluated. To help you distinguish between normal and excess (or chargeable) wear and use, we've developed a convenient Wear and Use Evaluator Card as well as some useful guidelines* to aid inspection of your vehicle's condition. Inspecting your vehicle before return provides information that will help you avoid lease-end charges. Some vehicle damage may be covered by your insurance. Allow sufficient time before vehicle return for any claims to be processed and repairs completed.If you plan to use the Evaluator Card, be sure your print out is full size. The Evaluator Card should measure 3½ inches by 2 1/8 inches.
Exterior Body Panels (A on Evaluator Card)
Includes dings, dents, scratches(excludes holes)
- Up to three (3) per panel with diameter up to 4 inches
- Up to fifteen (15) paint chips per panel
All glass damage is chargeable.
- Repair Charge - Up to two (2) chips/cracks per panel (excludes heated windshield) that each fit within a 1 inch circle
- Full Replacement Charge - All other cases
- Scratches up to 6 inches (three times the 2 inch line on the Evaluator Card) and gouges up to 1/2 inch
Tires must be free of sidewall damage/plugs, free of exposed cords/belts and of appropriate size/rating for the vehicle.
Burn Holes (D on Evaluator Card)
- Up to two (2) per panel with diameter up to 1/8 inch
Permanent Stains (E on Evaluator Card)
- One (1) per panel up to 1/2 inch
Cuts & Tears (E on Evaluator Card)
- Up to two (2) per panel up to 1/2 inch
Lenses (headlights, taillights, markers)
- Scratches and scuffs
If you purchased WearCare® see your agreement for coverage details. Excess wear and use also includes broken/missing parts, poor quality repairs, mechanical/electrical malfunctions and tires not of appropriate size/rating for the vehicle. This is not a comprehensive list of all wear and use guidelines. For details regarding wear and use, see your Red Carpet Lease Agreement. For additional information, visit fordcredit.com or call our Customer Service Center.